Summer Camps At Burns Bog
This Summer, Come Play Outside!
In a world of TVs and tablets, we all know how easy it is to forget to unplug from technology and get outside. Think hard. Do you remember your best day of TV?
Give your kids a summer to remember at Burns Bog Summer Day Camps! Give them a place where they can make friends, learn something new, and explore the natural world.
Playing outside makes kids smarter, healthier, and happier! Kids need nature, and nature needs kids.
New This Year!
Children age 5 who have completed Kindergarten are now able to participate in our Summer Day Camps!
2019 SUMMER DAY CAMP THEMES SNAPSHOT
July 2-5: * French Camp (ages 6-9) 4 day camp
July 8-12: (ages 8-12) – Wilderness Survivor
July 15-19: (ages 6-8) – Nature’s Builders & Explorers
July 22-26: (ages 6-10) – Animal Mania
July 29-Aug 2: (ages 6-9) – Jr. Wilderness Survivor
Aug 6-9: (ages 8-12) – Bog Superheroes 4 day camp
Aug 12-16: (ages 6-9) – Destination Imagination
Aug 19-23: (ages 6-9) – Junior Scientists
Single Day Drop-In is available during any week-long camp!
Can’t commit to a full week of day camps? That’s okay! Join us for 1 day during any one of our week-long themes.
Registration is required.*
* Single-day drop-in bookings are confirmed by email 2 weeks before camp start date. Bookings made any more than 2 weeks in advance will be wait-listed.
What will my child be doing at day camp?
The Burns Bog Conservation Society’s summer day camps are carefully planned so that your child will learn about aspects of nature while having fun! Each day there is a range of activities which include crafts, experiments, demonstrations, games, and team-building activities which all engage the imagination. Special guests may visit for presentations, and bring along live animals, touchable displays, and fun activities to help reinforce ideas in each weekly theme.
We pride ourselves on our small camper to staff ratio, which means your children will be well-supervised at all times! Our friendly camp counsellors all hold Standard First Aid Certificates or higher, passed a criminal record check, and have experience working with children and youth.
I am impressed with your quality day camps. This is the second year my son has participated and he is already talking about signing up next year. As a parent, the camp is excellent value and has infused my son and our family with a deep love and appreciation of Burns Bog.
– Laurel Charnetski, Elementary School Teacher
Time, Location and Dates
Camps run weekly during July and August
9:00am – 3:30pm (Child supervision provided until 4pm)
Delta Nature Reserve
(Drop off and Pick up at Planet Ice Delta – 10389 Nordel Court, Delta, BC)
Early Bird Pricing (Before May 17th)
Standard Week-long Camps
$119 Per Child
4-Day Week Camps
$120 per Child ($99 early bird pricing)
Standard Prices (After May 17th)
Standard Week-long Camps (5 days)
$159 per child
Single-Day Drop-In (1 day)
$40 per child Single Day Camps*
“My daughter really enjoyed her time at camp. She loved the games and crafts… the counsellors were great and you could tell they really enjoyed working with the kids.”
– Elaine Owsnett, Parent
Do you enjoy spending time outside?
Do you love working with kids?
Build your resume by volunteering at Burns Bog Summer Day Camps!
We need your help with:
- Preparing for camp activities like setting up equipment and preparing for activities
- Supervising and monitoring day campers ages 6-12
- Running and participating in activities, games, and crafts
Send your completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email:
Enthusiastic Day Camp Volunteer!
- Payment is due in full when you register
- Cancellations made with more than 30 days’ notice will be given a full refund, minus a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations made with less than 30 days notice will not receive a refund unless we are able to fill your spot with a camper of the same age. If your spot can be filled, we will provide you with a refund, minus a $25 administration fee.
- The Burns Bog Conservation Society retains the right to cancel Day Camp dates at any time due to safety hazards and concerns. This may include, but is not limited to, extreme weather conditions, unexpected flash flooding, fallen trees, or downed power lines. In the event that your booking is cancelled by the Burns Bog Conservation Society, the dates missed will be refunded in full.